Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ScienceTech

Digital Science Video Library, by Camilla Gagliolo.

This article is reviewing video compression technology, and it was very informative on how the program works. First of it is based on learning science through the use of technology in the classroom. The video is specially formatted for use with ipods, as well as classroom projectors. I love the fact that it comes with a how-to teachers guide that way there is no communication problems on how it works and to get started. These videos cover a range of science topics including life, earth, and physical science for the elementary level. It also includes health and integrated science for the middle school level. These videos not only display live action and real world science but it is great quality and teaching tools are included. The teaching tools range from quizzes to science vocabulary lessons, what a great visual for the students! Personally I don't like to learn science unless I'm hands-on, this is a very close experience to that, and as Gagliolo says, "bringing learning to life". Another interesting fact about this technology is that I found it wasn't too expensive, and definitely well worth it. If a program can enhance the students learning in anyway, I think it's a great investment!

I would integrate this technology into my classroom because it is a great tool for both the students and I. It will be an easy program to use in value of science because sometimes it's hard to get the message across. If a vocabulary word is able to become a visual picture in a students head, it will engage their learning. I do have to say that every child learns in a different way, although I don't think displaying it visually will do them any harm. I hope to use this, or similar technology in my classroom because I am a visual learner and it will be an easy way for me to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment